An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?
This would have to be when I'm studying the bible. I've done several personal studies this year, along with some group ones, and on going what will probably be life long study with David. But it's when I do it alone that I find the most peace. I just have moments of realization where a lot of things just make sense. Where I just understand what it's all supposed to mean. What is being asked of me.
Most of the time this is a huge challenge. Knowing how I'm called to be and knowing, at the same time, that I'm nothing like that. I've definitely under gone massive change this year...all of which I can hope is for the best. But it's from truckin through these challenge and realizing what I'm supposed to do that gives me hope.
A lot of the time when I'm studying the bible I'm alone and comfy, and it allows me to just talk freely with God...about things I realize from the reading, about what's bugging me, or about what I need to work on. Mostly I learn what to work on from the reading. I'm a big fan of the Intervarsity Press bible studies
http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=1100
They are simple yet definitely get you thinking. I lead a studying using one of these books and then have since gone on to do some on my own. But it definitely allows me to not only extend my relationship with God, but learn...
Anyway...those are my moments of peace for 2009. I'm glad they won't be limited to just this year
No comments:
Post a Comment