Saturday, December 19, 2009

car ride 2009

What did you see? How did it smell? Did you eat anything as you drove there? Who were you with?


I suppose my most memorable is the first time David and I drove into Vancouver city centre.

It was in the summer, July, bright sunny day, HOT as I recall. We had driven over to look at areas of the city to look for houses.

So it's about 40 minutes from the ferry alllllll the way down Granville, so it houses and shopping then the Granville Bridge and BAM. City horizon.

Just silver reflecting back us and tallll buildings. Just huge towering over you and more and more as you keep approaching the city.

Here is a google street view so you can see what I mean


View Larger Map


We were just in awe. Driving into the BIG city from little old Victoria. Ottawa doesn't have anything like that. It still stuns us today. But that was definitely the most memorable car ride. It eventually led to us living in the area!!

No comments:

Post a Comment