Monday, December 14, 2009

Best rush 09

When did you get your best rush of the year?


This is a bit of a toughie......the past couple year I went white-water rafting each summer and that was much rush...it's AWESOME! This year was pretty tame...saving money and such....I suppose my best rush of this year was getting proposed to....that's...HUGE...especially when you aren't expecting it...

I was in Kingston in July due to the death of my grandfather, Papa Flavio (I wish he could have lived to know I'm getting married :( but he knows ;) )David couldn't come with me. It ended up being one of the hardest weeks of our lives. (or so he tells me, I know it was hard for me, but I wasn't with him).

I got home Saturday at 1030pm SO SICK (with the swine) and the descending really hurt my ears and I couldn't pop them AND I was on EST, so he greets a sicky and a tired and a girl walking through the airport announcing she has the swine to see what people will do (mostly they ran away) and wearing her neck pillow as a necklace (he says he knew for sure then he wanted to be with me forever cause I was so cute)
We go home, little do I know he's got the ring box in his pocket and was SOOO nervous all the way home. We get there and chat a bit about how hard the week was and then he goes (or so my memory says)

"So there's a reason I couldn't go with you and I couldn't tell you why I couldn't go, because I couldn't afford it"

And pulls out the box.

I go
"what's in the box?" (I'm crying at this point b/c I was upset over the previous conversation)

And he says something like
"After this week I know that I don't ever want to be without you" (longer cuter speech...can't remember it verbatim)

(I think he asked me if I wanted him to get down on one knee)

I said
"what's in the box?"

So he gets down on one knee and opens the box...
It's a rinnnng!

and I cry

and he says
"Will you"

and I say

"Will I what?" (I wanted to hear the whole sentence hehehe)

and he says

"Marry me"

and then I says yes and cry and cry and cry and get ringed!


Point being we spend a very difficult week apart and he never wanted to do that again ever ever and this decided to marry me :D

It's about 11 months till the wedding and it's going by pretty fast!! I'm looking forward to it because I just want to be married!! That probably fits the biggest rush....I remember just being SO EXCITED and wanting to tell the world and run around jumping and smiling. So exciting.
This photo was taken right after the proposal. I got David some sunglasses on my trip home....and he got me an engagement ring....I think I got the better end of the deal :)

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute for your own good... I love how excited you still get telling the story! Smiles!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete