Saturday, December 12, 2009

Farewell Gord / new food of 2009

I start my post today with some sad news. My old professor from TV school passed away from complications from that STUPID H1N1.....He was an amazing teacher, and an amazing man who affected so many students that passed through his doors. He will be terribly missed by so many.

http://gordvgrant.blogspot.com/ This is his memorial website.

Sad day...

with that terrible segue...

New food of 2009:

The only new food I can remember trying this year I tried just last week! It's Mongolian BBQ! There is one down the road from my house that has always smelled SOOO GOOOD. So last week we went and tried it with David's mom.

To explain.

Way way back in the day Mongolians ate mostly shish kebob like food. So a couple guys went to China to learn how they cook. The bought a big pot to take back, but while they were camping out on the way home they couldn't find anything to hang the pot up with when they stopped to eat. So they flipped the pot over the fire and tada!!! Delicious.


You go up to a buffet of meats and veggies and sauces and pick what you want. Then you give it to the dude pictured above. He throws it all on that BBQ thing, and away he goes. 30 seconds or so and poof, DELICIOUS. All you can eat and only about 12 bucks. Totally worth it.

I'd never had it before and I'm so glad I did. It's the only new food I've tried since we moved here, which sucks b/c this neighbourhood is FULL of foreign foods I've never even heard of!! I have much more exploring to do for 2010!!

Happily got some Canucks work tonight...went in for free training and they were short-handed and tada....me work. YAAAY. Also got the Christmas Tree today :D!!! And new running shoes for only 50 bucks! Good day indeed.....minus the news about Gord.....RIP Gordo.

1 comment: