What's the best change you made to the place you live?
I suppose this would have to be moving completely! In Victoria we lived in a basement suite, which was nice, but small. It was two bedrooms but we turned one bedroom into a living room, but no dining room, just a small table in the hallway. It wasn't easy to decorate b/c we lived in the basement of the landlord's house, so there wasn't much to work with. We could always hear the whiny son who lived in the other half of the basement, and man was he WHINyy. It wasn't an awful place to live, but it was super small and very shared.
Now we have our tiny little apartment in downtown Vancouver. Much less space....zero storage space right now which SUCKS SO MUCH. But it's our space, our furniture (the old place was furnished) and it's our taste. SUPER bright with huge windows which is awesome, and it was newly renovated before we arrive. So it's still shiny.
This also changed the PLACE I live. Victoria was lovely, but tiinnny. My only job option was CHEK (and it still is an option) but in the big ol' city there is so much more, for the both of us, and there is so much to explore and things to do! It's pretty fun. And super bike friendly. We never really have to leave our area unless it's to visit others or go to Walmart! And we seem to be going well on the church hunt...we went to an unbelieveably nice and welcoming place this morning. I can see it from my window!! It's super small which is what we are looking for...All that we've found so far is giant mega churches....thumbs down. So hopefully this is going to work out better....
I guess that's the biggest change to the place I live...I found a whole NEW place to live....and furnished and decorated it :D
No comments:
Post a Comment