Saturday, December 26, 2009

insight of the year

What was your epiphany of the year?


Definitely when I realized I couldn't be at Starbucks anymore. I HATED working at Starbucks with a freaking passion. AUGH. I hate people SO much...I'm not meant to be in the service world. And being there made me SO upset and angry that I felt I couldn't be the Christian I'm called to be (you know the love everyone and be nice and show God through yourself) It just couldn't happen because I hated existence when I was there. And I really didn't like that.

The Starbucks I transferred to in Vancouver was sooo bad. It wasn't a real starbucks. It didn't have a real manager, or seating, or washrooms or communication. I hated it. Definitely made me miss Westboro.

So around the time that I hadn't gotten my raise in a month and just kept hating every day that I woke up and could barely find the strength to go in ANOTHER day, I realized that I either had to become an assistant store manager (an option presented to me) or leave. I had ZERO desire to move up in the company. The only way I would have is if it was the ONLY job I had. Ever. Either unemployed forever or ASM. David had just gotten a good paying job so the idea of just quitting and taking some time to find another job was definitely an option. He knew how much I HATED it there, and after consultation with both our parents and some close friends (who surprisingly all supported the idea of quitting) I went ahead and quit, with no fallback job. And I've never been happier.

It took an extra month to get me completely severed (worst store ever). But now I'm done, and will never have to walk into a Starbucks again. I don't even LIKE Starbucks, I'd rather go to Blenz or Timmy Ho's. Needless to say, quitting was LONG overdue. But man did it feel good to work my last couple days and treat customers as they treated me...BAHAHAHA

It took about a month but then I was hired at the Canucks store, and with the in-house crew. On the same day. It felt like I hadn't had a job in years, but I got really used to having time to myself and to be able to go to the gym or workout and stuff. I like not working. I have to which sucks, but when I have a job I love, I'll want to go in. I still drag my feet unless I'm working the actual game, cause I love working Hockey :D. But I'd like to find a sitdown job. Like editing, or even graphics, since I've been trained on Chyron. If I was in Victoria still I'd have a full time job....and that sucks :( but I'm here, and I'm doin what I can and that's the best I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment