Friday, December 10, 2010

Wisdom

Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

Hmm...This is tough! Well I thought it was...but it just hit me that it's not at all.

The wisest thing I did this year was sneak home for a week in March to visit my grandmother. She was ill and it wasn't looking good. So I headed out a couple weeks after the Olympics finished to visit. I ended up spending the week with her, helping her around the house, running around town, I even got to go to church with her. It was hard seeing her so slow and tired. But seeing her face when I walked into the room is something I'll never forget. She had NO idea I was coming. She was just so happy. She was also thrilled that I had moved on to crocheting and was making so many more knitting projects. She was so happy that I'd come sooooo far from when she taught me the simple knit stitch back in 2000.

She died a couple weeks after I got back. Needless to say, I will never live with the regret that I didn't get to see her again. Best decision I made this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment