Thursday, December 9, 2010

Party

Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.


Well I think saying my own wedding reception is bias....even though it was an AMAZING party...everyone had fun...so much dancing and socializing...I won't say that...even though it rocked...best wedding reception ever!!!


I WILL say winning the Olympic Gold medal in men's hockey. The Olympics themselves were sock rockin, but for the Gold medal match we had some friends over, all squished watching our plain ol tv




It was really cool having people to share the event with...since we all know it wasn't easy going.







The 30 second mark. From February 2010

And then...30 seconds before it was all ours....





I am a video. Click me




And thus we entered the MOST stressfull overtime EVER

However, Sidney saved the day....and we most definitely won.






From February 2010


When we won was the most amazing thing I have ever heard....





(Advance to the 1:15 mark)



The City of Vancouver EXPLODED! Cheers we everywhere!!! We were screaming, everyone outside was screaming. It was AMAZING to know that the WHOLE country was going just as crazy as we were!!! (I even lost my voice for the following few days)



We stayed for the medal hand out and then rushed to ground zero, Robson and Granville.


It. was. INSANE.


I have never been in such a crowd. We arrived shortly before the CRUSH. We had space for a little while...but decided to head up to the Future Shop and cut right across the middle. We had to link arms and FIGHT to stay together. We were safe on the third floor looking down to the madness. People climbing on street lamps and buildings. Cheering everywhere!!! High fives, flags.... Everyone was just so happy and having a blast. We escaped out an alley and took the back roads home. But it was an experience I'll never forget.

The whole Olympic Party was AMAZING, and I'm still quite sad it won't be happening again....but I have amazing memories like this! :D

Please forgive the horrible photo alignment....Blogspot is HORRIBLE for photo posting...I love the Picasa connection...but it's just AWFUL..I might have to switch to WordPress....

No comments:

Post a Comment