Now THIS is a prompt....not like yesterday's bizarro excuse.
Hmm...this year was SO eventful. I think I'd have to go with ziplining.
After the Olympics were over, the Robson Square zipline stayed up for the Paralympics, so the line was down to about 2 hours instead of 8. And it was soooo worth it. David and I went together, which surprised me since he is afraid of heights. It was fine being in line, but the closer I got to the beginning the more I began to realized holy crap...I have to do this..We did get the chance to watch someone do the walk of shame. They got all the way to the top and couldn't do it and had to come back down...laaame. Pretty soon it was time...the walk up the stairs was realllly scary b/c they were metal stairs with gaps...so you could see all the way to the bottom as you climbed. Then you had to wait at the top while the people in front of you go. Then finally it was time to step up....I've attached a video of the event
The WORST part of being up there was the 4 stairs that go to NOWHERE. It's hard for your brain to say oh ok...let's walk down these stairs that go nowhere....but as you walk down you feel the zipline catch and pull you up so that wasn't so bad. And then I went...I went without David b/c if I didn't go at that exact moment I wasn't going to go at all!! And then it all went sooo far..I screamed a lot. When I got to the end I was shaking SO much..all the adrenaline!
It was one of the best experiences this year...and I'm totally going to go again!
No comments:
Post a Comment