Friday, June 3, 2011

Green Friday!

I like having themed posts...gives me something to look forward to.
The garden just exploded this week! I HAVE to get the cherry tomatoes and peppers out this week so they can grow!!

 
Sunflowers!! So many more!! And they are about an inch taller

I harvested a ton of lettuce last week and we had a salad...and already it's almost ready for another one! It grows so fast. I'm so excited

The flowers that are starting to bud on the grapes

It's hard to see but there are really skinny green blades poking up for the chives.

Strawberries!! Bigger leaves = yay!

The beans were the biggest surprise. In just a week all this showed up! What's cool is you can see on the middle stalk the bean used to plant is split in two with the leaves growing out!

The amazing regrowing Christmas tree. Jill saved the day by pruning it

The broccoli continues to grow
The tomatos are also much taller this week.



I reckon it's all the rain we got, couple with some great days of sunshine. I used my iphone for the photos this week so they aren't as good. I'll try to use the real camera to get some close ups! It's supposed to be sun all weekend, so when I'm not at hockey I have to get out and get the trough and soil!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment