My 5k fundraiser run went ok. Not as well as I'd hoped, but good to know I need work before the triathlon. I'm getting pretty nervous about it actually. I'm not going for speed, just for finishing, but I also don't want to come in 5 hours later. I won't, but I will be tired! I'm looking forward to a big breakfast after lol.
My bike broke on Thursday. The shop we went to (a fancy racing bike store) said there was nothing to be done and that it was too old. So then we went to a mom and pop fix it shop and guess what. All better. I got a new chain, dereilleur and rear cog for less than $100 bucks, and it runs all shiny new now...it's no longer a death trap. I'm still going to get a new bike for communting and quit treating the racing bike as a daily bike...but it's proving pretty difficult...apparently in the world of biking I'm super mini! It's hard finding a midget bike for me. Everything is too big. :(
I'm a little sore from yesterday. It basically went like this:
Bike to the run
run 5k
bike home
stop at home for lunch and a cat nap
bike to bikefest (learn that we are a day late for said fest)
bike to MEC
bike home from MEC
walk around Greekfest
Yes. I think I earned my little soreness and will take it easy today. I think taking Daisy to Stanley Park sounds good. Tomorrow we are going indoor rock climbing and to the pool for some training! I am looking forward to the hot tub at the end of it!
MONDAY = FAVE THINGS
Getting close to finishing projects! • Enjoying what little sun we get • Mani/pedis • insurance benefits! • my fixed up bike! • shopping for new clothes ( I need to completely overhaul my wardrobe) • Not buying things new (I want to buy on sale/used from now on) • Sunscreen • Air-dried hair • pecan pie • book club! • my honeymoon ( I STILL miss it) • David being interested in doing a bike race (I'm more excited than him I think) • the mail FINALLY returning!! I can ebay again!!
Finally, to start your week off with cute
My little muffin was all tuckered out from the smells and sights of Greekfest. She kills me everyday with her cuteness.
No comments:
Post a Comment