Monday, August 1, 2011

Holiday Monday!

Welcome August...hopefully you are the bearer of SUMMER!

It's actually for reals finally starting to be warm and sunny. This week isn't calling for one DROP of rain :D Let's hope it stays that way

My dad comes into town for a week long visit tomorrow! I can't wait. He stayed with us for a month during the Olympics because he was a volunteer (probably the one with the coolest job too). So the city is going to look VERY different to him now!

I've booked my flight home for September for the birth of my sister's BFB (big fat baby..her nickname for it teehee) So hopefully the little...it..comes on time. They are keeping the name and sex a GIANT secret so it should be exciting!

I'm also dreaming of going home next July for my family's reunion. Every last Sunday of July is the big festivo because that is the closest Sunday to July 28th, Peru's day of independence. I haven't been in so long and I miss it. Especially since it's gone from casual attire to PERU EVERYWHERE.

I think is like 1/7th of my family...There are no kids under 10 in this shot. There are at least 20 of those ones running around somewhere.....

You can also see my sistur and BFB on the left! I can't believe she fit into her shirt! Anyway, I must be back for this at some point...especially since we haven't been back since we got married...(womp womp) So half my family have never met David....

Some fun news! David has started running! When I started (and since) he's always gone on about how much he HATES running. Then out of nowhere I casually mentioned (for the eleventy billionth time) that he should come with me sometime, and this time he said yes! So we got him some shoes and away he went. He's pretty fast. He really likes taking Daisy with him, and since she loves to run, it works for everyone! The best part it we got a good pair of shoes and those aren't cheap...so he can't quit or he would be wasting money! Muahahaha. I don't think he will quit though, he's good at it and he tends to keep doing things he good at. He quits when he sucks *cough DDR* 

SO ANYWAY! Since for everyone who isn't in television has a holiday today I will entertain you with some of my favourite things!


My New DSLR camera: Okay so it's brand new so I'm not even sure it's my favourite yet, BUT it's really fun and exciting to have a GREAT camera. Sadly, I have forgotten everything I learned in photography class...so I have to muddle my way through figuring it out.... My notes don't make ANY sense either. 

Zevia sodas (all natural and so yummy) • Nintendo DS • Playing Tekken with David • Final Fantasy VIII • baking • potlucks! • Sunshine • getting tons of things done in one day • crafting • watersports • Yogi tea • scones • grilled peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches • Stat pay! • Awesome regular bus drivers


We are having a big work potluck in a little bit....I heard rumours of a Winnie the Pooh waffle maker! Excitement!

What do you hope August brings?




No comments:

Post a Comment