Friday, July 29, 2011

Garden is growing!!

Well! Not posting about the garden for a month really gives it time to grow!!!!


Sunflower is really getting up there :D

I went to go wrap the beans around a stick to grow up and look what I found!! BEANS!!!


Grapevine goes up!

So happy to see green on the Christmas tree

I left the lettuce for a white and it really grew! The spinach is still a write off :(


The broccoli appears!! Still little but I love that things are happening!

First little tomato!! We have a cherry tomato plant and the big tomatoes. Very excited!

Nothing much happening with the strawberries....just more leaves.

I thought I took a photo of the the lone surviving cherry tomato plant and the basil...but I guess not. They are both doing well :) 

It's been quite a learning curve for the garden. It needs a good weeding this weekend.

On another note, we're back using SPUD! Last time I ordered from it I just kind of went pellmell and ordered random things which ended up being few items and a lot of money. But SPUD is a sponsor for the Low Car Diet and they sent us a free box of fresh produce. I then discovered I can order just a box of produce, which is exactly what I want to do! Our lives have also changed and we have become those people who don't have time to run up to the store and get fresh stuff! So now, we'll get it delivered each week and just use the rest of the bulk things we get a Costco each month.  I'm really excited!!! I've been missing my vitamins and minerals 

No comments:

Post a Comment