Monday, July 18, 2011

Manic monday!

I know! It's been a while since a Monday post!!! Yay! I also went ahead with a new template. What do you think? Pretty simple, but I feel like being simple right now!

I'm sure you're all wondering how my triathlon went!! Yes you are. David took some photos via Instagram. I'm hoping we can get a really GOOD camera soon...then he won't be taking photos with his iPhone all the time.

The SWIM!
The swim portion was easy for me. I swam for more than half my life competitively. I was the 4th fastest time and it gave me a massive lead over the others.


Getting ready to cycle

I lost a lot of time here. People who finished the swim after me caught up and passed me here. I learned that if I want to keep doing these...I need a tri-suit. The cycle was meh. I'm not super great and it was tough after swimming. There was a good incline which sucked. But I didn't get passed by too many people so yay!

The finish!

The run was TOUGH. I am not a very good runner to begin with (why I keep doing it I'm not sure...) but having swam and then biked before this made it hard. AND I wasn't allowed my iPod...which is what gets me through runs! So I sang to myself the whole time! Strangely enough I came in at my usual 5k time...which is BAFFLING to me....I feel like I went so slow! But go me!

We earned these bottles!

This was probably the biggest challenge I've ever done, and the greatest thing I've accomplished. I'm really glad I had a friend doing the race too. I signed up before her, but when she heard I was doing it she was in too...which is awesome! It was fun to have someone to train with. Actually she came first in our age group and second overall in the women!!! She's GOOD. I hope she keeps doing them! I might keep doing the short ones...but I think I would make a great part of a team in a triathlon. My swim is awesome! It was also amazing having David right on the sidelines cheering me on. Literally right there. He actually ran with me from the swim to cycle transition. All day long he kept going on about how proud he was of me and smiling. I could tell he really meant it and that made me so happy :D!

Since it's Monday I will give you some faves! I had some great posts planned before my hard drive bit it so I'll try to get back on track with those soon :)

Monday faves!

Being a triathlete • my sweet new water bottle and shirt from the tri • post race day eats • Coke Zero • frozen yogurt • bike sleeves! • my new bike • where I live • music • eBay • thrifty shopping • supportive in-laws! (it's fun sharing interests with them!) • the library • my hair

I saw the last Harry Potter movie yesterday. I was SO disappointed...what a let down...that is a WHOLE blog post of it's own though!

Did you see HP7 pt2? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment