When we moved to our new place we noticed there was a garden of sorts in the backyard...I say of sorts because someone definitely gave up on it a LONG time ago. I failed to take any sort of before photo (duh...) but found this on Google Maps.
Overgrown mess!
It was slightly worse than that because that photo is from 2009. So a couple more years of neglect and you get what we were working with.
After tearing out all the junk!
After a DAY of tearing apart and pruning and planting and a big fun trip to Home Hardware....we created the most amazing beautiful patio...MUCH better than my attempt last year (which the end result was DEATH). Notice the lilac bush! It has always been my DREAM to have a lilac bush, and now I have one right in my backyard!!!! If only they were year round :(
Tada!!
I'm beyond grateful to the help from Jill and Devon (who makes a cameo in the first photo). Jill works as a gardener and just as a plethora of information in her head. She can just look at a plant and know what it is, how to grow it, where it likes to be, etc. My garden is definitely going to be a success this year.
Here are beans and grapes! I had no idea I could grow grapes at home!
This is the vegetable patch. Spinach, lettuce, broccoli, onions, tomatos, some herbs and strawberries! And garlic for next year.
Just some pretty planters with various flowers. To the left I planted sunflowers!
I'm so excited to make a salad our of everything in this garden. I also can't wait to have friends over to enjoy our new fancy patio! Yes...it's technically a driveway...but we don't have a car so we've claimed it as our patio! If the weather EVER nices up, we'll set up the table and have BBQs and other exciting things. I want to try to get some more patio type lights so we can dine under it all. I'm thinking of finding some white Christmas lights and stringing them through the trees and such. We shall see what lights I can find in May :/
No comments:
Post a Comment