Perhaps you aren't one of the 17 million people that have seen this video
That is 10 year old Maria Aragon of Winnipeg. Pretty talented eh?
It's a cover of this song.
(You should really just skip to the 3 minute mark...the first bit doesn't make ANY sense...but it's Lady Gaga so..yeah)
Her amazing voice and talent caught the eye of Lady Gaga herself!
I love her reaction...and how bewildered she is to be saying "Hi Lady Gaga". Not every day you get to do that.
Anyway, shortly after this video Maria appeared on the Ellen show. She's a really well spoken 10 year old.
Last night was the culmination of all the above when Maria sang a duet with Lady Gaga in Toronto.
I almost cried a couple of times thinking about how happy Maria must be and what an amazing opportunity this was for her. I think it is so great that Lady Gaga took time out of her day, life, concert, to give this girl a chance to be recognized. It's really not often that you see that in Hollywood. Celebs are too busy wrapped up in their own meaningless lives. It's nice to see someone who cares.
I know at first the song was blasted for sounding like at least 5 different other songs, which it does, but that doesn't mean it's still not amazing. I love the message of it, and it's actually really catchy...I may or may not dance around the kitchen to it.
This brought a ray of sunshine to my early morning exhausted day. I hope it does for you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment