Saturday, January 8, 2011

RUN!

So I've started running again. I'm signed up for two runs in 2011. The Vancouver Sun Run and the TC10K. Both were runs I wanted to do last year but wasn't at that level when I thought about it. But now I have nearly 5 months to train. NO excuses! So I will also keep a little blog about it. Keep myself accountable to all of you!


So this week was tough! I was SO SORE after I went for my first run since October. Not very far, 5min x 3. But I was thrilled to be able to run at all!! I thought I would be back to square one since it had been so long. So the run was great!...the next day was awful. My back was so sore...lots of heat and massages for a couple days. It's since loosened up and hasn't given me any trouble after my other runs!

I ran in the pouring rain the other day. I headed out for a quick one when the rain had stopped, but halfway...boom. So I toughed it out. I'm going to have to get used to that if I'm training for the next few months! I really hate using treadmills. That day was 7min x2 and a hill or two!

Today was chilly! I realized that I've gone to the dark side if I have a running touque!! But it feels good. Not cold but chilly makes me feel invigorated. It takes longer for my muscles to warm up though. So I took it easy. 7min x2 again with one mini hill. Slowly working my way back to 10 and 1's.

I know I can rock these 10Ks. I'm also doing a lot of yoga to keep me stretched and limber. I think this will make a big difference and I find I get A LOT of tightness in my hips, and my calfs and ankles are constantly tight (My physiotherapists won't let me hear the end of it). I've also got new tunes on my shuffle, and I'm getting use out of that running jacket I earned with my 5k last year. My heel finally doesn't hurt either! So really everything is in my favour! I just have to keep up the training...so webland. Don't let me slack!! I'm going to be with the Global team for the Sun Run, and a co-worker lives a block away from me, so we can motivate each other on the rough days, but the TC10k is all me! I'm even travelling for it! :O

Soon I'll be back to all my running glory!


Vancouver running, rained of course

No comments:

Post a Comment