Thursday, January 27, 2011

Less than a month...

and I'm almost at 5k! How awesome is that.

Yesterday I had a great run on the seawall. And if I hadn't needed to go shower to go to work, I know I could have kept going to hit 5k. I'm so thrilled...I definitely didn't think it would only take a month to get back to running 5k...Ok so I only ran 4.25 BUT that's SO close...and it's a new record for me in the 4k! Which means my 5k must be faster too! yipeee! I'll try to run it this week. Last week was rough for running...LOTS of rain. So I was at the gym mostly doing Zumba and spin class. Cross training really helps

If you follow my Sportstracker, some times you won't see a run on there. That's because I've had to use a treadmill. :( If it's REALLY pouring I don't want to run in that. I hate using a treadmill...but since it tends to rain for days on end here, I don't always have a choice.

My hips are a little tight today. I need to get back to doing yoga right after....I never allow myself enough time. I have to start running earlier in the day. But I feel so great. Between spin, yoga, Zumba, running, and cycling, I'm just a MACHINE.

I tried Zumba for the first time on Tuesday and it is SO FUN. I'm sad I waited so long to try it...and probably won't get to again :( At my gym it's an extra fee to take some specialty classes and Zumba is one of them...I can either pay the fee...or pay my membership to get back into swimming. So I think I'm going to go with the swimming, which is a bummer because I love spin class, Zumba, and some of the other programs. But it starts to get pricey! Bummmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment