Saturday, August 14, 2010

Heat=hide

I love the sun....it makes everything bright and fun and happy...but I hate heat...I HATE it. I hate sweating and I hate feeling hot. Which makes things very awkward in the summer. I look forward to it all year...but then it just gets HOT. So hot that I won't do anything. I will hide inside on amazing days because it feels like 32 degrees outside. Which is just too hot for me. I hate feeling uncomfortable and hot and gross. I feel kinda bad that I've been spending my days off hiding inside...though it's given me a chance to work on a lot of wedding stuff...the smaller crafty items. Which I actually think is great because come September I think I'm going to be VERY busy with work so I don't feel TOO bad....except that it's too hot for me to even want to THINK about exercising...lame...

I do want to go for a swim in the ocean though...I've never swam in the pacific before...but I just don't want to go outside! Or alone....

So! Allow me to review some books!

First up


The Friday Night Knitting Club series.

The above two along with Knit The Season are what I've read thus far in August. I really like the first book, The Friday Night Knitting Club. So much conflict! Definitely difficult to put down...and really got me wanting to pick up my knitting again! (I've been crocheting for most of the summer) It's a fantastic book and double awesome for anyone who likes knitting.

The other two books however....meh...just seem like a cash grab for the author...not very interesting...I can't say too much about them without revealing the plot from the first one...but they certainly weren't on the same level as the first one.

I also read

Not good....At least I didn't like it....it was kind of like....hey we talk about Jane Austen books....sort of...here is a lame plot for every member....It just didn't have any gusto...no major conflict...nothing that would make me relate to any of the characters in a way where I would want to eagerly keep reading.

For an amazing book club book I recommend Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons. That was the first book I started reading when I joined a book club back in Victoria (which I miss very much and will probably end up starting my own club in the fall). It was SO ripe with conflict and struggle and drama....Excellent read.

I'm finishing up Comfort Food by the same author as the Friday Night series....but it's REALLY annoying me....I won't put up a review of it...other than it really annoys me..I think this is a book that other might really like...but for my personality and the personality of the main character and those she's surrounded by...I'm annoyed...Augh...Can't wait to be done.

I also found time to sneak in The Girl Who Played With Fire, the sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, (which we all know I loved.) I finished this one in about 5-6 hours because I couldn't put it down...These books are amazing and I can't wait for the third one!!! It's being passed through people so I have to wait a bit.

I think I'm going to take a break from new books and read an old goodie....Perhaps a Harry Potter or Narnia book. Speaking of...I cannot WAIT for those movies!!!! It feels like FOREVER until they come out... Part of me doesn't want HP to ever come out....because then it's really over...AGAIN! It was hard enough to read the last book and know it was the end...but the end of the movies!? :( sadmac.






No comments:

Post a Comment