Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vancouver Tourism Review

I recently had a chance to complete the Vancouver Tourism Challenge that David had on account of where he works. Free admission to SO many tourist locations in Vancouver. So I thought I would write a little review on the ones we went to!

Grouse Mountain - The Peak of Vancouver
http://www.grousemountain.com/

REALLY fun. We went after the skiing season so it was a bit mucky, but we wore appropriate footwear. Even after the season is over there is still a lot to see up there. Highlight was the grizzly bear habitat!!! It was spring so the bears were done hibernating and we got to see them up really close! A thunderstorm trapped us on the top of the mountain for a while. But an awesome adventure!




















Capilano Suspension Bridge
http://www.capbridge.com/

AWESOME!!! I thought it was just a bridge...but NO it's an entire HUGE park of treetop bridges and paths! Our time here was limited due to the being trapped on Grouse Mountain...but REALLY enjoyable!! Highly recommend



























Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park
http://www.visitvanaqua.org/

I LOVE the Aquarium...I have been here on several occasions as I have a membership and I love it every time...The animals are so cute and it's such a calming location. I love it and will always recommend it.



















Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tours
http://www.stanelypark.com/

This was such a cute tour. We learned a lot about the park and Vancouver we didn't know before...It was a calming and enjoyable ride...good if you want to really see Stanely Park slowly, while learning...with horses!!


















Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre
http://www.vancouverlookout.com/

You can see all of Vancouver from up there!! It's awesome! I liked how at every vantage point there was a plaque explaining the landmark you were looking at...the restaraunt is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. Do not go there at all....It's a tiny look out compared to the CN tower...but awesome to see all of Vancouver


















Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
http://www.vancouverchinesegarden.com/

Neat...but I wouldn't pay to go here...It's really nice how they built basically an authentic garden...it's very peaceful...but there is also a public park for free right next door...soo...unless you are hardcore to learn about ancient Chinese culture...probably not for you...


















Science World
http://www.scienceworld.com/

FUN for all ages!!! I love Science World....sure it's angled towards kids...but it's definitely a blast...they even have adult nights sometimes!!! Definitely recommend (it's way better than Sochi House)

The Vancouver Trolley Company
http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/

The best of the tour buses....LOTS of stops near popular attractions and informative drivers!!! Hop on hop off makes it possible to see everything! Thumbs up!

Landsea Tours
http://www.vancouvertours.com/

This is the tour service we used to go up to Grouse Mountain and the Capilano bridge....SO AWESOME! The cost includes your admission to both, along with a Seabus ride home! (a little mini cruise!) Our host, Paul, was SO nice and so friendly and we learned a lot about the area! Also takes you on a trip to the Salmon Hatchery! I didn't even know there was one!! It was super amazing and I HIGHLY recommend this for seeing the North Shore!!! A+ !!



















Big Bus
http://www.bigbus.ca/

Not a fan....buses are late and the drivers aren't very helpful....go with the Vancouver Trolley if you can...they have more tours anyway.

Canada Place
http://www.canadaplace.ca/

Headquarters for the media during the 2010 Olympics, Canada Place is HUGE! Home to the Canada Pavilion at Expo '86, the huge draping tent ceiling is visible from most of Downtown and the North Shore....amazing and worth a stop by

False Creek Ferries
http://www.granvilleislandferries.com/

A quick and easy way to get around False Creek...also a very cute tour! I love this service and perfer it to Aquabus.

Museum of Vancouver
http://www.museumofvancouver.com/

WAY cool! While the main exhibit about old shoes was pretty lame. The actual Museum of the history of Vancouver was fasinating! Pre-1900s to the 70s is what is chronicled! SO AWESOME! I loved it and it's definitely worth it's admission

H.R. MacMillian Space Centre
http://www.spacecentre.ca/

Neat...the Planetarium MIGHT be worth the price of admission, but the actual space centre isn't. While it's super neat...it's very small and can be viewed in under an hour....but sticking around for all the planetarium shows is probably worth it!!

Greater Vancouver Zoo
http://www.gvzoo.com/

Probably should just be called the BC Zoo on account of how far away it is from Vancouver, but it's SUPER cool. Definitely worth the trip. You can even bring your bike and bike the whole thing (which is what we did) Lots of animals and a lot of fun!






















Those are the places we got to try...we missed out on some places we really wanted to check out..but I think we can get it with the Privledge Pass...so if we go anywhere else new...I'll update this!

No comments:

Post a Comment