Woefully working on wedding plans. David is super understanding and knows how much I don't want a wedding. So he's letting me not do as much as I want. So it's a super chill wedding. I'm either going to wear my prom dress

which is on the left, it comes with a white wrap. or I'm waiting until the spring for a the light flowy spring white dresses :D. No stupid wedding dresses for me! One of my bridesmaids insisted on taking me to some dress shops and I hated it. I hate big heavy dresses. I'm not doing it. It's MY wedding. I don't have to do anything I don't want to. David agrees and that's all that matters.
Anyway. The weather here has been rain. I had no idea how much it rained here....you hear about it but you just don't get it until it happens ALL the time. The worst is the mist...it just mists! And also it doesn't just rain. You always have to have an umbrella b/c a sunny day can just turn to rain in 5 minutes. What a weird city.
I'm halfway through my running course. I have something wrong with my heel though. It's concerning. I'm going to try to go see my physio in Victoria about it. I have a race to run December 5 so I want to be able to do that. It's super important to me. It's raising money for the Salvation Army to feed families this Christmas. I've been so blessed to have had nothing but amazing Christmases with my family for the past 24 years, full of food, gifts, love and fun. But some people don't even get to have the food part, which is sad. I always said I want my first race to be one that matters, and to me this does.
David and I are spending Christmas in Vancouver this year. Just the two of us :o. It's going to be a big change. But the first on the road to our life together. We're hoping to get back to Victoria before the month is over. Sure do miss that place....and ALL the people.
We've also decided that the church we were attending is no longer for us. There is no community, it's moving to a mega-church feel, I absolutely do not agree on what the money I'm supposed to give each week is going to, and the small groups are just too tightly controlled and so forced. So we're on the hunt! The church we went to last week was definitely not us. While in a beautiful building with fantastic worship music, they use fill in the blank forms during the sermon...the pastor blows through the passage and slows down to fill in the blank...and EVERYONE fills in the blank...it's super creepy...and they have their Christmas mission being a ballgown exchange.....it just flabbergasted me. It's a super yuppie church..PASS.
So we'll see what church we find this week. I'm stuck at home all day waiting for UPS to deliver my Itouch...and resting this heel :(
Loves!
Me.
Its been raining like crazy here too... We don't usually get rain all day everyday for weeks straight here in Vic, as you know... good luck with your dress! All that matters is that you feel your best are yours and Davids day.
ReplyDelete